Thursday, June 28, 2007

Now What Are You Building Exactly?

The Idea
My concept for the property was and still in constant motion. Our original goal was to make it a event center and resturant with a hotel into the future. A place you could get away from the city of a few hours, all day, or the week end. A place were we would offer tours of the volcano, coffee plantations, mountain biking, and caving.

After some perliminary costs were thrown around it became painfully obvious that I had to change how this place was going to be built. Contracting out the work would be faster but beyond my monthly cash flow. I was not going into debt for this project, soI had to modify my plan. First I was going to build workshops, warehouse, cistern, septic tank, grey water system, and a office. I would provide all the tools and facilities and just hire the tradesman to do the work instead of getting a middle man involved. For this plan I had to go to the dougout and get my pinch batter...Don Chamba.

I set out to take full advantage of the land. My design was to use a existing wall and to set the shops, office and cistern. The roof would be a shed type with clay used tiles with a secondary ventilation roof, this would flow to rain harvesting system which would flow to our underground cistern. Between these building and the main foot print would be a patio with colored road pavers that would also serve as the service entrance. We were going to attempt to use the existing hacienda foot print for the rest of the construction.

No comments: