Friday, October 5, 2007

The Shops



My original plan to manage my costs was to remove as much of the middle man as possible. After completing the wall and gates I preceded to build the supporting buildings. First I needed a office and temporary living space, a warehouse, metal shop, woodworking shop, and bath facilities for the workers. I used the existing wall from the surrounding wall to reduce cost and and use as little of the property as possible.

To start we had to tear down some existing buildings and remove a few trees. This was the first time I had to hire heavy machinery. They leveled the earth and dug out for a underground cistern. The cistern was to hold the initial facilities water supply which was going to be harvested rain water with approximately 22,500 gallons or 449 barrels. This cistern was designed to cascade into another cistern as the project advances.

No comments: